Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sheding the light on the name change!

Well, just to go back to the age of 6, it will shed some lite on why my father asked "if you wanted to change your name, it would be o.k..
At 6 years of age we had just moved from the small Hispanic neighborhood's of Detroit, to Indpls IN. We moved to a catholic neighborhood that was made of 1 (one) Hispanic family, integrated with many ethnic people. The difference was Detroit, already corrupted. As far as I considered, Indy It was awesome! At such a young age, I was not aware of the reality of why, when we moved into are first home, both next door neighbors moved out!
So it went, my siblings and I went on, while our parents coveted the things we did not really need to see. They both believed, and still believe, in living the American dream. They are true patriot's. At all cost, they were going to make sure we all accepted the things we could control, and pitch those we couldn't.
My only brother, the oldest, went on to be a marine corp., rather than being drafted. He became a citizen during boot camp, and went to Vietnam. He, also a great patriot, I was then 10.

1 comment:

Mark Pressley said...

Sergio,

Good for you on all fronts! I am interested in listening and debating your opinions. From what I can tell from Janis and your profile you and I cherish the same things: Family, Fun, God, and Hard Work. I believe we will probably be on different sides of the fence on a few topics and of the same mind on others but I enjoy and respect peoples opinions.

I hope you write what you need to say and do not detour, I set out with one mission when I started and realized I was not going where I wanted to so now I just kind of follow along some of my favorite Blogs and chime in from time to time.

Good luck
Mark